When You Get Handed Lemons Make Fresh Pineapple Juice!

Pineapple Juice out of Lemons

Lemons -Lemonade or sour face?

“When life gives you Lemons, make Lemonade.” I think a large number of us will have heard that saying.
What this is telling us is that when seemingly difficult orLemons negative situations arise, we decide what we do with them. In other words, we  write the script for our lives.
Sure, I would rather eat a mango or make pineapple juice, but if I only have lemons, what is the point of lamenting about not having mangoes and pineapples? Either I can go out and look for mangoes and pineapples, or I use my lovely fresh lemons to make my lemonade.

Who “gave you” the lemons?

You get to choose whether you turn a bitter situation (a difficulty, problem) into something sweet (an advantage).Or whether you  sit and blame your mother, neighbour, husband, child or the state for only having lemons. This is a waste of time. You know why?  Blaming others is a waste of time because they are not responsible for your attitude!

Ok, so  there are situations which are beyond our control, ie there is no sugar in the shops (yes there are places where this really happens!). I understand this  can be difficult for those who like their lemonade sweet, but hey, maybe we can make lemonade today with no sugar??! Who knows we might even acquire a taste for sugarless juice!!!Lemonade out of lemons

A new strategy unfolding? Turn sour into sweet

Ok, this might not be new for you. But  I hope it will act as a reminder that the choice is ours. Hopefully also as an encouragement for the next time something does not go as planned. Take the “sourness” out  of the situation. Rethink the situation. What if you could  see it from a different perspective?  What ways can you think of that would help you make the best of the situation?Being creative - turning a "lemon" situation into "pineapple juice"

This will expand your creative skills and  definitely give you a more positive outlook on life. Hopefully also attract more positive people and experiences to you.

And it does not really have to be lemonade – you could even make lemon meringue pie :)or Lemon Drop Cocktail.Making sweet out of Lemons You could even experiment with  making pineapple juice out of the lemons –
now that would be a real achievement! 🙂

I dare you to experiment with making “lemon meringue pie” ( a synonym for a positive outcome) the next time you get a bag of unwanted “lemons” (a seemingly negative situation).

Please be sure to let me know how it “tastes”!
Vee

10 thoughts on “When You Get Handed Lemons Make Fresh Pineapple Juice!

1. Pavan says:

I went through the post “Coconut oil – A powerful food”. It is very much true. you have narrated the reality and health care by using coconut oil. Most of the world is realizing the facts and following.This article is very much useful to the people those are really keen to maintain good health. Main beauty in coconut oil is Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFAs) and Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) .In India too, especially in south part Kerala state 100% coconut oil is preferred one for cooking and hair oil. Thanks for such a useful POST.

• admin says:

Hi Pavan, thank you so much but all credit for the psot has to go to my friend Tove. There is some information about her and her site at the end of the post. She is just as interested in the coconut and its uses as I am, and I was very happy and grateful for the wonderful information she provided in this post.

2. Skylet says:

Very interesting blog. Its a nice way to look at life. I always tell my loved ones, you can either sit and pout over something, or try to cope with it. Either way you are either going to end up with the same results, but you might have a better outcome if you looked at things a little more positively. Love it.

• admin says:

hey Skylet I so totally agree.

One of my life’s mottos is – no experience is good or bad, it is only our attitude that makes it so.

Your loved ones are blessed to have someone with such a positive attitude around them.

All the best and thanks for commenting

Vee

3. Marlaine says:

Having a positive outlook on life is so important! There are many benefits, including social ones! No one wants to be around someone who complains and weeps and moans and gripes about their situation all the time. That being said, fake cheerfulness is sometimes a tough one to handle too.
    I like your idea of making lemon meringue pie out of lemons… cute concept that got me thinking that you can make good out of all of “bad” things, but sometimes the good doesn’t look like exactly what you think it should look like at first!

• admin says:

Hey Marlaine,

thanks for leaving your comment. So so true and I also agree that fake cheerfulness is not always easy to handle. But maybe by starting off faking it, it might become real for that person..

Oh I so love lemon meringue – I actually don’t believe that anything is bad as such; it is only our attitude that makes it so. That is my motto.

All the best

You might like to check out my FREE 30 Life Changing Habits Ecourse.

4. Eric says:

Hello Valina, love the post! You make a lot af scence, turn the sour situations in our lives and make them sweet! I have in the past blamed others for my situations that I sometimes get myself into. But at the end of the day, it’s my responsibility to work towards a positive outcome. Nobody to blame for my negative thoughts and feelings but myself. Great inspirational article!

• admin says:

Hi Eric,

thanks so much for commenting. Glad that you found the article of some use, especially happy that you got some inspiration from it. Once we get that we have choices and take responsibility for them so much becomes so much easier and lots more fun!! You might like to sign up for my free Ecourse 30 Life Changing Habits.

Would you like to get notified of other posts in future? Feel free to sign up for them.

Wishing you all the best.

Vee