This medicine is free, has only positive side effects and is always available, even without a prescription. Yet how many doctors prescribe LAUGHTER as a “medicine” for improving our health, in other words, laughter as medicine? I would guess very very few.
Ever been on a bus or train and someone has started to smile, or better still to laugh? Did you notice how people also started to smile, most of them maybe being too shy or held back though to start laughing along openly? This is one “virus” that most of us are likely ok to be infected with.
As far as its health benefits are concerned, laughter is a perfect “medicine” for mind, body and soul.
Laughter for a healthy mind:
1. Laughter is a great stress reliever.
2. Try laughing when you are afraid or worried about something. The laughter is usually stronger and will help you deal with the situation better.
3. Similarly, if you are in a bad mood and something makes you laugh, have you noticed how quickly you get out of that mood?
4. Laughing helps you to have a generally more positive outlook on life, you are better able to cope with disappointments, and better able to see the glass as being half full rather than half empty.
Laughter for a healthy body
1. When we are angry, anxious or experiencing other negative thoughts and emotions, we become more stressed as a result of the chemical reactions they create in our bodies. Contrary to this, positive thoughts actually work against increased stress when they release neuropeptides into our system. Neuropeptides combat stress and increase our resistance to other illnesses/diseases.
Contrary to this, positive thoughts actually work against increased stress when they release neuropeptides into our system. Neuropeptides combat stress and increase our resistance to other illnesses/diseases.
2. Laughter is great for relieving tension if you are unable to get a massage. It will relax your muscles leaving you feeling refreshed.
3. It can boost your energy level when you are feeling low, with no adverse effects!
4. When in pain a good laugh might be just the right thing. It is said that the body produces its own natural painkillers when we laugh.
5. And laughter definitely makes us more attractive to others.
Laughter for a healthy soul
1. Laughter bonds us to others
2. Laughing with others definitely improves the quality of our relationships.
3. Life becomes more of a joy when we laugh often
4. The inner peace which comes from being less anxious, angry, afraid, and distressed helps us to have a better outlook on life and improves our lives in a variety of other ways.
What sorts of things make you laugh? Are you able to laugh at yourself? I often laugh at myself. It makes me remember to keep things in perspective. Stay healthy, keep smiling, keep laughing!